Experienced travelers always think up their routes in detail and now you have a great opportunity to make your stay in Ireland memorable!
If your adventure begins at Dublin Airport [DUB], namely at Terminal 2, here is some useful information on how to rent a car quickly and easily. DublinHire.com is more than happy to help you with the choice of car!
At the second terminal you’ll meet car hire companies which prepared the best offers for you.
Dublin Airport (Terminal 2) car rental companies:
Enterprise has its desk only in the Arrivals Hall in Terminal 1. Actually, all the mentioned providers also have theirs desks in Terminal 1.
How can you find your car rental at Dublin Airport Terminal 2?
When you land at Terminal 2, you can find car rental desks beyond the Arrivals Hall on your way to the new multi-storey car park. To help you find them there are indicating signs which will direct you to the rental agents. This is how our leading car hire companies explain how to find their counters at the Terminal 2:
|Alamo||Enter the multi-storey car park||Mon – Sun 05:00 – 23:00|
|Avis||Baggage claim area||Sun – Fri 05:00 – 23:30; Sat 05:00 – 23:00|
|Budget||Leave the baggage reclaim area and go straight across the Arrivals Hall. The Budget desk is located on the left as you enter the multi-storey car park||Mon – Sun 05:00 – 00:30|
|Carhire||As you exit customs, follow the signs for ‘Car Hire’||Mon – Sun 05:00 – 23:00|
|Dooley||If you’re coming from the Arrivals Hall, walk through the glass bridge, follow car rental signs Dooley’s desk is the last one on the left|
|Europcar||Follow the signs to the car rental desks which are a short distance away||Mon – Sun 05:00 – 23:59|
|Sixt||Walk straight ahead from customs and proceed to the Sixt counter located at the car rental section||Mon – Sun 05:00 – 00:00|
Notice! If you would like to pick up or drop off your vehicle outside the working hours, additional charges may apply.
Car rental deals and their prices:
Ford Ka – Budget – 13.90$
Renault Clio – Budget – 14.96$
Ford Focus – Carhire – 22.39$
Ford Mondeo – Budget – 23.88$
Ford Focus Estate – Europcar – 35.54$
Huynai iX35 – Carhire – 40.70$
BMW 3 Series – Carhire – 76.53$
7 Seat people carrier
Opel Zafira – Sixt – 83.18$
BMW 5 Series – Sixt – 83.18$
5 seat people carrier
Ford C-Max – Europcar – 85.93$
9 seat people carrier
Renault Trafic – Sixt – 142.19$
In Dublin Airport (Terminal 2) car hire deals vary greatly: from cheap mini cars to expensive, but yet affordable, luxurious cars and minivans. To choose a car you need for your journey a bit faster you can apply filters and pick a desired car hire brand or size etc.
Car hire at Dublin Airport (Ireland) from the mentioned suppliers generally include the following list of items into the price:
- Airport fee
- Unlimited mileage
- All local taxes / total fees and charges
- Assistance in case of breakdown
- Protection of third party liability protection
- Theft waiver
- Collision damage waiver
Some may also include road tax or may not include something mentioned, so you have to read “Rental Conditions” of each car hire deal with undivided attention.
And additionally you can complement your deal with:
- Special equipment (GPS, booster car seat, child toddler seat, infant car seat);
- Insurance coverage (damage excess reduction, insurance in case of personal accident, complete cover insurance package, glass waiver, tyre waiver).
- Companies provide free shuttle bus to pick up your rented car;
- You can amend your reservation online anytime for free;
- Cancel it for free as well until it’s 24 hours before picking up time;
- Free assistance in case of breakdown;
- Some cars include free GPS navigation system, and some – free Wi-Fi;
- There will be no fees taken from your credit card(s).
What to pay attention to while reading ‘Rental Conditions’ and choosing a deal:
- Driver’s age terms and young driver’s surcharges;
- Driving license requirements (for example, Avis will rent you a car if your license is valid for 8 years);
- Charge per additional driver if you intend to travel with one;
- Fuel policy – usually it’s “Pick up and return full” condition or pre-purchasing fuel;
- Crossing the border;
- Payment details: excess, deposit amount, paying only by credit cards and calculating your expenses properly;
- Forms of ID and confirmation voucher.
As for now you understand what to look up for and where to pick up your car, see how you can return your car:
Car hire at Dublin Airport T2 is the first step for you to start the most convenient and safe journey across Ireland and even further! Hope you’ll enjoy your travel!
If you’re still interested in more detailed information on separate companies or other driving information, got to: