When you travel one-way from Dublin to Cork, you need to know some details about your drive:
- Distance: 160 miles or 257 kilometers
- Average driving time: 2.75 hours
- Possible routes from Dublin Airport to Cork: M7 and M8 – 274 km, 2 hours 43 min; M9 and N25 – 295 km, 3 hours 24min.
What to see on your route?
Kilkenny with its medieval cathedrals, abbeys and castles, Rock of Dunamase, which is situated between towns of Portlaoise and Stradbally, Cahir Castle, Thurles Cathedral and many-many other sights are on your way.
With car rental from Dublin to Cork you cannot take your car outside Ireland, but still there are plenty of attractions to see, especially if you can take some time off and spend a couple of days traveling. In such case you can drive all around the island and see Cliffs of Moher, Galway, Newgrange, and Tara Hill and many other beautiful places.
You can see everything you want because you’re traveling by car! And it’s time for you to choose it.
First of all, you need to pick location in Dublin, where you start your trip, and in Cork, where you will drop the car off. Also, you have to choose dates of rent in the search box.
Then, you get a list of offers which are available at that time and place. To sort out those deals which suit all your requirements, apply filters and get the cars of needed size, brand etc.
These are the companies, which supply you with cars for the one-way trip:
- Keddy by Europcar
Check out the fleet for your car hire from Dublin to Cork
Of course, we’ve got even more for you!
What do the deals include?
Dublin to Cork car hire includes:
- One-way rental fee
- Unlimited mileage
- Airport fee
- Breakdown assistance
- Collision damage waiver (CDW)
- Theft waiver (TW)
- Third party liability protection (TP)
Read terms of rent and see what each separate deal includes.
For your car hire to pick up in Dublin and to drop off in Cork you may need some additional options:
- Additional driver: if you want to travel with somebody who can be your additional driver, you will need to pay a surcharge to have this option; surcharges start from 7 EUR per day (Alamo);
- Special equipment: when you book your car, you can add some extra devices – baby car seats (booster seat, toddler seat, or infant seat) and GPS navigational systems, prices are mentioned on “Rental Conditions”;
- Extra insurance: personal accident insurance, damage excess reduction, complete cover package or glass/tyre waiver – you can purchase anything; just pay attention to the prices and the excess.
It’s FREE for you!
- You can amend your reservation for free without any problems;
- You can cancel it for free until it’s 24 hours before pick-up time;
- Car rental companies provide you a free shuttle bus which will take you to the place where you can pick up your vehicle;
- When you pay by your credit card, there will be no fees taken from it;
- You will be provided with free breakdown assist, but we hope you won’t need one!
- Some offers may present you free GPS navigation or free Wi-Fi connection.
To hire a car for your one-way trip you must be at least 25 years old. But, to get a car rental in Dublin for under-25s such companies as Avis provides an opportunity for young drivers to make a deal. To do this, you will need to pay a young driver’s surcharge – €10.48 per day.
Generally, car hire companies set the age range for drivers – 25 to 74 years, and some companies even allow you to drive up to 99 years. So, that’s why you have to read rental conditions of each deal separately and very attentively!
For instance, if you want to hire a minibus or a prestige car, you have to be 27 years old minimum. Still, you’ve got options!
What else you need to know?
- Driving license: it has to be valid for minimum 8 years, and different companies require drivers to have different driving experience (generally 2 years with no major endorsements). Anyway, read rental conditions of each vehicle, because there are peculiarities regarding the car group.
- Fuel policy: most deals are about picking up and dropping off the full tank, but there is also a possibility for you to pre-purchase petrol.
- Payment: only by credit cards. Most providers also keep 50€ as a deposit amount on your card for the time of booking.