Compact cars or small family cars are best choice for nice trips, family weekends, traveling around Ireland. Even for business trips they are one of the best choices! On Dublin Hire you’ll find your deal quickly and effortlessly!
Each car hire company presented in Dublin provides you with compact cars: Alamo, Avis, Enterprise, Europcar, Keddy Budget, Sixt, Dooley, and Carhire.
Compact car for rental in Dublin – Check out the prices!
These are the most popular models!
Volkswagen Golf for 15.15$
Ford Focus for 20.83$
Opel Astra for 27.35$
Toyota Corolla for 38.61$
When you choose your vehicle, it’s extremely important for you to find out the following information which is always mentioned on “Rental Conditions”:
- Price components: what is included into it
- Age policy for driver from each separate company and its young driver’s surcharge
- Driver’s license requirements
- Charge per additional driver
- Prices for supplementary equipment and insurance
- Insurance excess
- Mileage policy and fuel conditions
- Crossing the border
- Payment rules: credit cards only, deposit amounts possible and some extra documentation
- What happens if you cancel your booking or don’t show up
Economy vs. Compact car hire
Quite often, people wonder about what kind of car to rent better – an economy one or compact? Basically, there is no major difference. Both can place up to 5 people including a driver, both types are available to young drivers (even for under-25s) and both variants have manual and automatic transmissions in their fleet. But, still, there are slight differences.
Economy cars are often cheaper than compact ones. Economy cars are characterized by high fuel efficiency (low expenditure on gas). On the other hand, compact cars are a bit larger, hence comfortable. Compact cars can be more fuel efficient than a larger sedan. Economy cars can carry 2 baggage units and compact – 3.
So, as you can see, the differences are slight. If you’re a fan of a certain car model and prefer to drive only it, you can choose either car group. Prices depend on the provider’s price policy, on what is included in the price and the initial cost of the vehicle and year of production.
- If you want to get cheap car for hire in Dublin, you should book ahead of time. That way the prices will be lower and the selection of vehicles – wider!
- Free upgrade: Economy models can be replaced by compact and compact to medium-sized cars. You can save up to 30-40% of cost on your car hire in Dublin and drive a car which is a class higher. But you should remember that such travel might cost you a bit more in terms of fuel.
- If you’re certain about the car model you want to hire, you can call the number mentioned in the voucher and find out about the availability of that model. Don’t forget to print the confirmation voucher after you made a reservation.
How to get compact class car hire on Dublin Hire?
- Pick dates and choose a specific location in Dublin (airport, city centre, train stations etc.)
- Filter search results by “Medium” car size
- Look through the deals, read their rental conditions and compare prices
- Make your choice and reserve a car
- Print out the confirmation voucher