Would you like to hire a car in Dublin for you and your close friends? Or maybe you’re traveling with your couple? Anyway, mini car rental in Dublin is the best way to place 4 people including a driver and discover this great city and the country entirely.
All providers have mini cars for hire in their fleet. And you need to read attentively what each deal includes in its price. Usually the list of included items looks like this:
- Unlimited mileage
- Breakdown assist
- Airport fee
- Road tax (included only by Dooley and Keddy)
- Third party liability protection
- Collision damage waiver
- Theft waiver
Some offers also include FREE GPS or FREE Wi-Fi connection. Also, when you start your car hire from Dublin Airport, you will be provided with FREE ride on a shuttle bus to pick up your vehicle.
Most offers are to be picked up and returned full. But, be attentive, because when you hire from Dooley, for instance, you can either pre-purchase fuel (4 days of rent and more) or full-to-full (1 to3 days).
Most providers allow driving only to Northern Ireland. Enterprise also allows traveling to the UK as well, but your vehicle cannot be taken outside Ireland.
If you hire a car from Sixt and intend to travel internationally, you need a written permission with a charge of 29 EUR to cross the border.
Age policy and driving license
|Companies||Driver’s age||Minimal age||Young driver’s surcharge||License held for minimum of…|
|Alamo||25 to 70||
|Avis||25 to 74||8 years|
|Budget||25 to 75||
|Carhire||25 to 74|
|25 to 99||21 to 24||40 EUR per day|
|Enterprise||25 to 99||
|Europcar||25 to 74||
|Keddy||25 to 73|
|Sixt||26 to 77||21 to 25||30 EUR per day||5 years|
Charges per additional driver:
- Enterprise, Alamo – 7 EUR per day
- Keddy – 8 EUR per day
- Europcar, Carhire – 08 EUR per day
- Avis, Sixt – 9.5 EUR per day
- Dooley – 10 EUR per day
- Budget – 10.78 EUR per day
Equipment and additional insurance
When you book you can request for baby car seats (booster, toddler, infant) and GPS navigation system. Also, you can purchase additional insurance:
- Complete cover package
- Personal accident insurance
- Glass waiver / Tyre waiver
- Damage excess reduction
Also, remember about the excess (third party liability protection, collision damage waiver, theft waiver, damage excess reduction). All figures are mentioned on “Rental Conditions”.
Only credit cards are acceptable for payment: Visa, Master Card, Diners Club and American Express. A deposit amount (starting from 50 EUR) will be held by some providers for the whole time of booking. Also, some suppliers require presenting a bank statement and a utility bill as a proof of the address.
Want to get cheap car hire in Dublin? Here is a tip: book in advance! That way you will not just get a deal for a lower price, but the selection will be much wider!
You are strongly recommended to read about cancellation policy and no-shows.
How to get a mini car on Dublin Hire?
- Pick dates and a location for your car hire in Dublin (airport, city centre, train stations)
- Filter by car size – tick “Small” – and look up for “Mini”
- Look through offers, read “Rental Conditions” and choose your car
- Make a reservation, fill out “Driver Details” and pay for your deal
- Print the confirmation voucher and don’t forget your passport, credit card and driver’s license to present in to the agent