Welcome to Ireland! DublinHire.com presents you Sixt as one of the best providers for car hire.
Three simple steps to discover Dublin and whole country with comfort and economy:
- Pick your dates
- Pick your car
- Book your car
You can filter out Sixt or Sixt direct on our web-site and see what those deals include:
|Deal INCLUDES||Deal EXCLUDES|
Basic insurance coverage:
(Theft waiver, collision damage waiver, third party liability protection)
|Young driver’s surcharge
Charge for additional driver
Extra insurance and equipment
*Sixt direct doesn’t include this tax into rental prices.
You will get a list of offers from Sixt company and you have to read rental conditions attentively and don’t miss their prices.
Fleet and prices of Sixt car hire at Dublin Airport
Driver’s age policy of Sixt
Don’t forget about age requitrements:
|Driver’s age||26 to 78 years||26 to 77 years|
|Young driver’s age||21 to 25 years|
|Young driver’s surcharge||30 EUR per day|
In both cases you need to present a driving license held for minimum of 5 years with no major endorsements.
Sixt at Dublin Airport – Insurance coverage
|Complete cover package||16 EUR per day||0 EUR|
|Personal accident insurance||7 EUR per day||–|
|Collision damage waiver (CDW)||Included in the rental price||1,400 EUR|
|Theft waiver (TW)|
|Third party liability protection (TP)||Unlimited maximum coverage|
Sixt direct also offers glass/tyre waiver for 7 EUR per day.
|Extra equipment||Prices per day||Maximum charge|
|Booster car seat||8 EUR||60 EUR|
|Toddler car seat||10 EUR||80 EUR|
|Infant car seat|
You can save some money if you have a long-term journey by paying a maximum charge. For instance, you drive for mare than 8 days and you need a toddler or an infant child seat, you will pay only for those 8 days.
- Sixt in Ireland at Dublin Airport allows crossing the border only to Northern Ireland (UK).
- If you want to hire a car and travel with an additional driver, you will be charged 5 EUR per day.
- Pick up and return full tank of fuel – that is the option of Sixt and fuel charges are not included into the price of deals.
When you have picked a car you wish to hire, proceed to “Driver Details” reservation form and print the voucher.
- In Dublin Airport Sixt accepts only credit cards – American Express, MasterCard, Visa (not debit) – for payment.
- If you want to hire a car cheaper, you are strongly recommended reserving ahead of time.
- Be very attentive when filling out “Secure Payment Details”.
Sixt car rental at Dublin Airport in Ireland has its desks in both terminals:
|Terminal 1||Terminal 2|
|To the right as you appear from CustomsMon – Sun – 05:00 – 00:00||Straight ahead as you come up from CustomsMon – Sun – 05:00 – 00:00|
There are also 4 locations in Dublin were you can pick different types of cars:
|Dublin City North||Airport Business Park, Cloghran, North Dublin||Mon – Fri: 08:00 – 18:00; Sat: 09:00 – 16:00||Compact cars and Sedans, 4×4/SUV|
|Dublin North Van||Trucks|
|Dublin City South||Rochestown Avenue, Dun Laoghaire (beside Bakers Corner)||Mon – Fri: 08:00 – 18:00;Sat: 09:00 – 16:00; Sun & Bank holidays: 10:00 – 12:00||Compact cars and Sedans, 4×4/SUV|
|Dublin South Van||Trucks|
Helpful tips for drivers in Dublin
- There is an Esso petrol station in the airport itself as you will need to refill the tank. Some drivers may advise you not to refill it yourself and to pay the fuel charge at the rental counter;
- Prepare some cash for toll roads;
- Driving in Ireland is left-sided;
- Pay attention to speed limits on motorways, national roads etc.;
- Don’t use cell-phones while driving. You can only use headsets;
- Charges for parking vary from 2.50 EUR per hour to 3.10 EUR per hour.
With Sixt rent a car at Dublin Airport and travel with comfort and discover Ireland!